Jun 10, 2019
Today on Rootstock Radio, Chef Luke Zahm of the Driftless Cafe
gets real about what it takes to be conscientious in the restaurant
industry, and why serving local food is so important to the greater
local food system.
Tune in to hear about:
- The unique food and agriculture scene in the Driftless region
of Wisconsin (which is, of course, how the Driftless Cafe got its
- Why Luke and his team spend 85% of their food budget sourcing
from producers within 100 miles of their restaurant.
- How Luke has made telling the stories of farmers central to his
- Important conversations taking place among chefs about how to
celebrate local food and farmers without grandstanding or
exploiting the “trendiness” of farm-to-table.
- The difference between a fad and a revolution, according to
Luke (and why organic is clearly the latter.)