Dec 10, 2018
From bringing awareness to the strengths that indigenous populations can draw on -- a long history of working with the land, strong agricultural traditions and ample land on reservations -- to engaging native youth in the food systems of their communities, A-dae covers it all.
Tune in to hear about:
- How she and her colleagues at First Nations define agriculture a little differently
- A-dae’s own journey from indigenous community, to law school, and back again
- What A-dae hopes the future holds in terms of seaweed, abalone shells, acorns and the environment at large
- How we can help support the existing systems within indigenous communities rather than imposing our own
- What we can all learn from Native culture about food, agriculture and the environment